Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Moving the window buttons from the right side to the left in Ubuntu Gnome 12.10

Mostly posting this just as a reminder to me for when I forget how to do it again. Credit goes to 'jokerdino' from this link.

The command he gave is actually to move the buttons from the left to the right so it needs to be reversed for the opposite (which is what I'm trying to do). He gave this command for those using Unity:

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences button-layout ":minimize,maximize,close"

And this one for those using Ubuntu Gnome/the Gnome-Shell(like me)

gsettings set org.gnome.shell.overrides button-layout ":minimize,maximize,close"

I simply took the second command and reversed it to my liking:

gsettings set org.gnome.shell.overrides button-layout "close,minimize,maximize:menu"

No comments:

Post a Comment